How do I collect money from a tenant that didn't pay their rent?

Sue the former tenant. Once you receive judgment in your favor, have a collections attorney start collection efforts. Many states will allow wage garnishment, and a good collections attorney will help you recover all the money owed to you plus interest (minus their 1/3 commission).

Knowledge Tags: Landlording, Lawsuit, Tenants